Buttercup House News 2021
– Buttercup House are finalist in the Hampshire Care Association Awards and are nominated for:
Outstanding Innovation and Best Practice Award
Activities Co-ordinator of the Year
The Awards were postponed to 2022 and will be held in June 2022.
– Buttercup House has weekly calls with local GPs St Peters Surgery and Woolston Lodge. Southampton Primary Care Limited continues to support our local GPs and residents.
– Buttercup House Welcome back friends and family with a Special Summer BBQ
– Buttercup House supports Alzheimer’s Society Cupcake Day and Host Global Teaparty with Apetito for Nutrition and Hydration Week.
– Buttercup House continues to utilise electronic care systems. RESTORE2TM is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care/nursing homes.
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
- Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration.
- Act appropriately according to the resident’s care plan to protect and manage the resident.
Buttercup House has been successfully utilising RESTORE 2 for three years. It has successfully reduced hospital admissions and supported residents to be looked after at Buttercup House with guidance from health professionals.
– All Residents and Staff have been vaccinated against COVID-19
– Buttercup House is back in a lockdown to continue to keep residents and staff safe against COVID-19. All staff and residents have been offered a COVID-19 vaccination.